On February 2nd February 1634 Mother Mariana was praying in the choir loft of the Convent chapel when the sanctuary lamp went out and she was left in total darkness. Our Lady appeared to her and explained that the light was extinguished to warn of the terrible times ahead for the Church. She explained that lax clergy would be responsible for dire times and that certain members of the catholic clergy would become as thieves stealing the tabernacle light of our faith. The Blessed mother provided 5 reasons for the trial of the church
1. The spread of heresies. Our Lady said as these heresies spread and dominate, the precious light of faith will be extinguished in the souls by the almost total corruption of customs (tradition)
2. False charity and the loss of vocations. The faithful souls will suffer a continuous and slow martyrdom weeping in secret and employing that such dire times be shortened.
3. A worldwide campaign against the virtues of chastity and purity.
This campaign would succeed in ruining the youth. Our Lady of Good Success confirmed there would almost be no virgin souls in the world.
4. Secular influences would oppose the Church. During these unfortunate times she foretold evil will invade childhood innocence in this way vocations to the priesthood would be lost resulting in a true calamity. Our Lady of Good Success foresaw that there would still be some good religious willing to suffer for the salvation of souls and sustenance of the church.
5. Those who have the financial means to help the church but do nothing. This is due to their uncaring attitude towards God and his church they would have seemed to allow evil to triumph.
Due to the extreme wickedness Mother Mariana saw in these visions she fainted and remained unconsciousness for two days. Another most interesting prophesy of Our Lady states that in the 19th Century there would be a truly Catholic president, he would be a man of character who God Our Lord would give the palm of martyrdom on the square adjoining this convent. He will consecrate the republic to my Most Holy Son and this consecration will sustain the Catholic religion in the years that will follow, which will be ill fated ones for the church. During these year in which masonry, that accursed sect, will take over the government there will be a cruel persecution against religious communities, they will also violently attack this convent which is particularly mine. To those wretched men this monastery will seem finished but unbeknownst to them I live and God lives to raise in their midst powerful defenders of this work and the triumph shall be ours. These predictions were fulfilled to the letter.
Continued in part 2
Life of Mother Mariana